GENERAL INFORMATION DOCTORAL STUDIES FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT
MANAGER OF DOCTORAL STUDIES – Prof. Leszek Kiełtyka PhD Eng.
General characteristics of doctoral studies in the discipline of science of management
Doctoral studies are third-degree studies for which candidates that possess second-degree qualifications as stipulated in art. 2 Act 1. pt. 18g of Act on Higher Education are accepted, or candidates who are beneficiaries of the program entitled: “Diamond Grant,” as stipulated in art. 187a Act 1.
Doctoral studies are completed by a third-degree qualification as specified in art. 2 Act 1. pt. 18h of the Act on Higher Education.
The realization of the program of the doctoral studies prepares candidates for work of a research nature or a research and development nature, which particularly leads to the attainment of the effects of education in the following spheres:
– knowledge at an advanced level of a basic nature in terms of the field of science associated with the area of the scientific research conducted encompassing the latest scientific achievements of a detailed nature that are appropriate for the area of the scientific research conducted;
– skills associated with methodics and methodology of the scientific research conducted,
– social competences referring to scientific and research activities and the social role of the scholar.
Form of study course:
In the Faculty of Management there are full-time doctoral courses (free) and extramural doctoral courses (payable) conducted.
From the year 2017/2018 there shall also be full-time doctoral courses in English language: for foreigners excluding Polish citizens (payable), for candidates who desire to commence full-time doctoral courses in English language based on the principles that are binding for Polish citizens (free). //www.pcz.pl/pl/content/rekrutacja-cudzoziemcow-na-zasadach-obowiazujacych-obywateli-polskich
Professional title acquired by graduate and general information associated with program of education:
Degree of Doctorate is awarded to a person who:
– possesses a M.A. title, MSc. title or equivalent,
– passed PhD exam in the sphere specified by the Council of the Organizational Unit,
– presented and passed the PhD thesis exam,
– passed exam on a modern language or is in possession of a certificate attesting to the familiarity with the aforesaid foreign language.
A person who fulfils the afore-mentioned conditions is awarded the scientific degree of Doctor of Economic Science in the field of science on management.
A graduate of the doctoral studies in the Faculty of Management is prepared for work of a research and development nature. In particular, such a person may gain the effects of education relating to knowledge at an advanced level of a basic nature in terms of the field of science associated with the area of the scientific research conducted encompassing the latest scientific achievements of a detailed nature that is appropriate for the area of the scientific research conducted. A graduate acquires the skills associated with methodics and methodology of the scientific research conducted, as well as the social competences referring to scientific and research activities and the social role of the scholar. A graduate hones the skills of presenting his/her views, scientific deliberation, while also didactic skills.
The acquisition of this degree is a necessary stage in the development of people who are planning an academic career, as well as those interested in scientific research on the fields of economic science including management, economics and finance. Achieving the scientific degree of a PhD enables the practitioners of business to distinguish themselves in a business environment, by highlighting greater credibility and intellectual skills.